Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Release Date: March 18, 2022
G-O Number: 0061-XONE-N
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: KOEI TECMO GAMES
Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence
This is an action role-playing game in which players follow the story of Jack and his companions on a quest to restore balance to the world. Players explore a fantasy world, complete quests, and battle humans and creatures (e.g., dragons, demons, skeletons) in melee-style combat. Players use swords, axes, and magic spells to defeat enemies; battles are sometimes frenetic, accompanied by cries of pain, bursts of light, and large blood-splatter effects. During combat, players can perform finishing attacks on enemies, which sometimes results in dismemberment of tentacles and/or decapitation. Cutscenes depict additional acts of violence and blood/gore: civilians killed by soldiers; dead soldiers lying in large pools of blood; a character impaled through the chest; bloody limbs on the ground. Some female creatures appear topless, though with no discernible details (i.e., no nipples). The word “f**k” is heard in the game.
With the memory of their struggle buried deep in their hearts...
In this hard-core action RPG, Jack must hazard numerous challenges to bring the light of the crystals back to Cornelia, a kingdom conquered by darkness. Fight your way through fierce battles with a variety of means to defeat your enemies. With multiple difficulty options and a wide selection of jobs and weapons available to customize your party, you can choose exactly how you want to play. Will restoring the crystals' light usher in peace or a new form of darkness? ...Or perhaps something else entirely?
- Visceral Action Combat: Real-time combat keeps action at the forefront; Switch between jobs with a push of a button, use the powerful Lightbringer ability to push back monstrous hordes, and finish them off with a crystal crushing finishing move
- Deep Character Customization: With each enemy defeated and chest opened, uncover powerful treasure to help on your journey; Find the right combination of abilities to fit the way you play and dont forget to customize your teammates gear for added support
- A Dark World To Discover: If youve played a FINAL FANTASY game before you may recognize some familiar creatures & locations, but youve never seen them like this; What secrets does each location hold and what manner of monster await you in the darkness
- Online Multiplayer: Having trouble with a mission? Have up to two friends join you online to overcome even the toughest challenges
- This game leverages Smart Delivery allowing access to both the Xbox One and Xbox Series X title when available.