+ Red Steel 2
Release Date: March 23, 2010
G-O Number: 0009-WII-N
UPC Number: 008888174172
Animated Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence
In this first-person sword-fighting game, players control a banished hero, a seasoned cowboy-samurai who returns to his town taken over by villains. Players must rid the town of thugs, scavengers, and flying robots while discovering the fate of the Kusagari clan. Players kill enemies by shooting them with a pistol or shotgun, and by slashing or stabbing them with a katana blade. While there is no blood and gore in the game (enemies stagger back instead of gushing apart), the frenetic sword slashing sometimes results in yellow-and-beige splash effects that flit across the screen. Another brief splash is depicted when the katana is pulled out of an enemy's chest. During the course of the game, a female character with exaggerated-size breasts wears a low-cut shirt that exposes deep cleavage; the character's breasts jiggle slightly during cutscenes (there are no comparable physics applied to male characters). The expletives "bada*s," "punk-a*s," and "dammit" can be heard in the dialogue. Overall, the game's highly stylized cell-shaded graphics blunt the sense of realism, increasing the fantastical nature of battle sequences; in some ways, the graphic-novel art style (skinned with hand-drawn-like textures) lessens the impact of the violence—though the game is still considered a high-end Teen.
Red Steel 2 is the highly anticipated title exclusive to Wii system from Nintendo that will bring players the best sword and gun fighting experience ever on console.
- Designed for Wii MotionPlus™, Red Steel 2 features unparalleled control. Players will pick up the Wii Remote™ and swing it freely as the sword on-screen follows their precise movement and even measures the strength of their swing.
- Red Steel 2 is a first-person action game where players become a swordsman who finds himself in an edgy city in the middle of a desert armed with only a sword and gun.
- BE THE SWORDSMAN:
- Embody a lonesome fighter, a man of few words with a shaded past full of mystery. Face various, and increasingly stronger, enemies and defeat challenging bosses in epic and intense fights.
- IMMERSIVE EDGY WESTERN SETTING:
- Visit various locations through a remote mixed metropolis in the middle of the American desert, where Eastern culture and Western culture have been smashed together into a hodge-podge jumble: Caldera. You will discover the games immersive background and environment as you make your way through the adventure.
- UNIQUE PRECISION CONTROL OF YOUR WEAPONS WITH WII MOTIONPLUS:
- The Wii MotionPlus provides 1:1 recognition where the sword and gun movements are precisely replicated within the game. Slash the villains the way you want! Plus Wii MotionPlus measures the power of your swing. The harder you swing the Wii Remote, the harder the sword swings in the game!
- CLOSE COMBAT SYSTEM:
- Feel like a powerful master swordsman and gunslinger thanks to the first-person view that puts you in the middle of the action. Fight up to six enemies simultaneously and feel the power and freedom to use your sword or your gun at any time.
- Master numerous combos with your sword and your gun ranging from triggering exciting finishing kills, parrying enemy attacks, or even deflecting bullets with your sword!