+ Red Faction: Guerrilla (Remarstered)
Release Date: July 03, 2018
G-O Number: 0004-XONE-N
UPC Number: 811994021618
Publisher: THQ Nordic
Developer: THQ Nordic
Blood, Strong Language, Violence
This is an "open-world" action game in which players assume the role of a resistance fighter who engages in guerilla combat against an oppressive occupier of the planet Mars. From a third-person perspective, players complete missions (e.g., escorting VIPs, destroying bases and targets), progress through a main storyline, and kill enemies by using future-based versions of submachine guns, pistols, rocket launchers, mines and explosives. Players are able to kill enemy soldiers as well as non-combatant civilians, although the game penalizes players with "lowering morale" for performing the later. Bodies react realistically to gunfire, often flailing about and spurting out red blood, which sometimes remains on the environment. Some profanity (e.g., "f*ck," "sh*t," and a*sholes") can be heard in dialogue and in the frequent radio chatter.
Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original red faction, red faction: guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent Fighter with the newly re-established red faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth defense force. Red faction: guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare - Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF's grip on MaRS
- Strategic Destruction - Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or Chain reaction explosions to attack enemy stronghold and permanently modify the game environment
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay - Carve your path through an ever-changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics - mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the edf
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting - Explore the huge, unforgiving martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of parker to the gleaming edf capital city of eos
- Multiplayer Combat - There is no place to hide when you put your Guerrilla Warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes