Release Date: January 19, 2010
G-O Number: 0006-PS3-N
UPC Number: 013388340071
Developer: Airtight Games
Animated Blood, Mild Language, Violence
This is a third-person shooter in which players find themselves in an alternate dimension within the Bermuda Triangle. Players' objective is to stop an invading alien force (the "Watchers") from enslaving a village and taking over the world. Equipped with a futuristic jetpack, players explore various environments (jungles, mountains, mystical ruins), engage in UFO dogfights (i.e., aerial combat), and use lasers, pulse rifles, and machine guns to kill robotic enemies ("Grunts"). The combat—on-foot and mid-air—is frenetic, and often depicts machine gunfire and bright explosions. Players can also engage in hand-to-hand struggles that trigger "quick-time" events: brief animations depict players hitting robots with the butt of a gun, slamming enemies' heads to the floor, or snapping aliens' necks to finish them off. Throughout the game, a bright blue fluid emits from enemies' bodies when hit; this blue hydraulic-like substance also splatters on the screen and, on occasion, the ground. The expletives "b*tch," "bastard," and "hell" can sometimes be heard in the dialogue.
Dark Void is a sci-fi action-adventure game that combines an adrenaline-fuelled blend of aerial and ground-pounding combat. Set in a parallel universe called The Void, players take on the role of Will, a pilot dropped into incredible circumstances within the mysterious Void. This unlikely hero soon finds himself swept into a desperate struggle for survival, joining forces with a rebel human group called The Survivors. Trapped in the Void, these resistance fighters are battling to hold off a mysterious alien race that plans to threaten Earth.
Dark Voids unique combination of jetpack-booster aerial dog fighting and third-person combat creates a thrilling new gameplay dynamic to the third-person shooter experience. Taking 3D action to a whole new level, Dark Voids unique vertical combat system allows players to dangle from thousand foot drops as they take cover and hurl enemies to their doom, bringing a whole new sense of tension and thrill to the player. Will is also equipped with a powerful rocket pack which allows for fierce in-air combat, hurtling through the Void at blistering speeds while shooting down anything that gets in his path.
- Sci-Fi action/adventure combines aerial and on-foot combat for a totally unique third-person shooter experience
- Wills jetpack delivers total freedom of movement allowing players to race against UFOs in high-speed chases and rain death from above onto unsuspecting otherworldly foes
- Speed and scale unmatched by any other action title: send Will zipping through tight corridors and then out into immense canyons and futuristic geoscapes
- Gravity-defying vertical combat system, where moving up is the only way to bring your enemies down
- Seemless transition between jetpack flight, ship-to-ship dog fighting and third-person shoot-em-up action all exists within the same level not broken up into different "areas"
- Unique grip system that allows the players to scale walls by jumping from surface to surface and hijack UFO's, while in mid-air
- Huge bosses that require fast reflexes and aerial barnstorming maneuvers to defeat
- Developed by Airtight Studios, a new group featuring team members from the Crimson Skies series of video games