Release Date: May 25, 2021
G-O Number: 0055-PS4-N
Publisher: THQ Nordic
Developer: Experiment 101
Alcohol Reference, Blood, Crude Humor, Fantasy Violence, Use of Tobacco
This is an action role-playing game in which players assume the role of a cat-like hero on a quest within a post-apocalyptic world. From a third-person perspective, players explore an open-world environment, interact with characters, complete quests, and engage in combat with mutant creatures and monsters. Players use swords, staffs, and firearms (e.g., pistols, machine guns) to defeat enemies. Battles are sometimes frenetic, with realistic gunfire, impact sounds, and screams of pain. A finishing attack is highlighted by slow-motion effects, and some creatures emit splashes of red blood when struck. The game contains instances of crude humor: the central character urinating on a sign; a character vomiting; the central character getting ejected from a large creature's anus. One protracted sequence requires players to interact with a character at a bar, with dialogue referencing alcohol (e.g., “…he could point you towards something fun to drink – so that you could share with the tipsy tipster”; “That one's more intoxicating now, aged in truck tankers…”; “The drink helps him forget the state the world is in, but it only last until tomorrow.”). One character is frequently seen smoking from a hookah.
Biomutant is an open-world, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.
- A NEW TAKE ON 3rd PERSON COMBAT: The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations
- EVOLVE YOUR GAME-PLAY: You'll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play
- NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING: Mix and Match parts to create your own unique single or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons
- GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE: You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear
- SURVIVE IN A VIBRANT OPEN WORLD: You'll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, much, jet-ski, air-balloon and more